- Before 1901 to the beginning of known history, there were approximately 124 earthquakes as seen at this link.
- From 1901 to 2000, there have been 242 earthquakes reported as seen at this link.
That’s DOUBLE the earthquakes compared to all of the reported history before!
- From 2001 to Present (March 2011), there have been a WHOPPING 218 earthquakes in just the past ten years as seen at this link (almost as much as the last 100 years in 1/10th the time)!
- In 2001, there were 18 earthquakes reported.
- In 2002, there were 20 earthquakes reported.
- In 2003, there were 24 earthquakes reported.
- In 2004, there were 24 earthquakes reported.
- In 2005, there were 17 earthquakes reported.
- In 2006, there were 15 earthquakes reported.
- In 2007, there were 24 earthquakes reported.
- In 2008, there were 24 earthquakes reported.
- In 2009, there were 18 earthquakes reported.
- In 2010, there were 26 earthquakes reported.
- In 2011 there were 31 earthquakes reported.
- In 2012, there were 29 earthquakes reported.
- In the first half of 2013 (January to September 7th), there have already been 24 reported earthquakes.
This produces a grand total of 294 earthquakes in the past thirteen years which is far more than the entire past century already in almost 1/8th the time! Also, the earthquakes reported for the past thirteen years actually exceeds twice the amount of earthquakes reported for the past almost five thousand years of history prior to 1901!
The TOP 20 EARTHQUAKES were reported in the last 312 years as seen at this link.
It appears that the “birth pangs” mentioned in Mark 13:8 are getting greater and greater and GREATER! Compare these historical records on earthquakes:
“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be EARTHQUAKES IN VARIOUS PLACES, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows [Greek word for "sorrows" is wÏdiðn].” - Mark 13:8
Greek Lexicon translates the word “wÏdiðn” or “sorrow” as the following:
- The pain of childbirth, travail pain, birth pangs
- Intolerable anguish, in reference to the dire calamities preceding the advent of the Messiah
“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.” - Timothy 3:1
The Bible is proven true again as we see in Peter 3:2-4 which says:
“That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.”
To show the dramatic increase in my lifetime, if we continued at this rate, we would have 7285 epidemics over the next 6000 years.
“… Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered … For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.” - Matthew 24:3,7
Now take a look at the article at this link to see the wind damage disasters that have been prophesied as part of the time of the end.
Of the forty-three deadliest recorded tornadoes of all time, all but three have occurred in the past ninety years as seen in the article at this link!
In the past century in the United States, there have been 221 reported hurricanes since 1900 alone which were recorded to have produced sustained winds of greater than 74 mph , while only seven were reported before 1900 as seen at this link.